How to open submits for groups for new group owners:
1) Go to the "Admin Area"
2) Go to the "Manage Members" section of the "Admin Area"
3) Go to the "Members" section under "Manage Members"
4) There will be two columns - one listing members and one for member settings
5) Scroll down on the columns for members settings until you see "On Gallery, Members:"
6) Under that it will say "Submissions to "Featured":" which is the default folder in all groups
7) The featured folder (and every time you make a new folder) will always to be set to "Are Not Allowed"
8) This can be changed to either "Are Automatically Allowed" or "Are Subject to Vote..."
9) Remember to always saved your settings before leave the page
You can add more folders to your group gallery but you have to remember to always go back and open them for submissions if you want your members to submit directly to that folder.
This is also how you open up "Join Request" but that is at the top of the second column under "On Home, Members:".